[cf-satellite] netCDF time axis comforming to CF-1.0 convention

NOTE: The cf-satellite mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Hi All,

I am trying to have our netCDF files comply to CF-1.0 convention.

CF-Convention compliance checker for NetCDF format
(http://titania.badc.rl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/cf-checker.pl) returns the following
error when checking my netCDF file's "time" variable: ERROR (4): axis attribute
inconsistent with coordinate type as deduced from units and/or positive.

File
http://www.oifii.org/do-org/dod/2010july23_time-axis-attribute-inconsistent-with-coordinate-type-as-deduced-from-units-and-or-positive.jpg
 shows how UCAR's NetCDF 4.2 Tool UI see's my netCDF file
(http://www.oifii.org/imt/dai/crcm/MRCC.4.2.0_amno_adj_alsi_ps_196012_r(cf-1-4).nc).

Do I get this error because the "axis" attribute of my "time" variable is set
to "t" instead of "time"?

Stephane

Stephane Poirier, M.Sc. Optical Physics
Remote Sensing Application Software Developer
Geography Department, Burnside Hall
McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
http://geog.mcgill.ca
Stephane.Poirier2@xxxxxxxxx
Cell. (514) 994-3532
Fax: (514) 509-8833
Stephane Poirier, M.Sc. Optical Physics
Remote Sensing Application Software Developer
3532 rue Sainte-Famille, Apt. 4
Montreal, QC, H2X 2L1, Canada
http://www.oifii.org
stephane.poirier@xxxxxxxxx