Re: Decoder help

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

On 9 Mar 1999, Jason Burks wrote:

     Robb,
I have been using the gribtonc decoder to decode NOGAPS model output and view the data on AWIPS, the deocder works great! I recently tried to add some fields from the NOGAPS, but the decoder says that they are oversized GRIb product. The grid size has not changed still 360x181, but I noticed that the file sizes go from 81 Kb to 187 Kb. When I try to run the gribdump on these larger files nothing happens. I used wgrib on these files and only thing I can find is that the number of bits for the larger files is 20 instead of 10 on the smaller. So my question is there something I need to change to make it work. What are your thoughts?
     Thanks in advance.
     Jason Burks

Jason,

We just ran into this problem recently, I plan to make a decoders release
soon.  The actual problem is that the grid sizes have increase and
gribtonc doesn't have enough space to hold the increased size. It's an
easy fix;

It's only a one word modification in grib1.h, change:

#define MAX_GRIB_SIZE 20000

#define MAX_GRIB_SIZE 100000

That's all, then:

% make clean