Re: Common Data Model

NOTE: The decoders mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Ramesh_S_Mantri wrote:

> Robb,
>    I did as suggested below and got some idea of CDM. I am interested
> in coding a service provider to COAMPS but first I need to get approval
> from my supervisor. In the mean time, could you please provide me
> links to some documentation on CDM? Thanks.
> sincerely,
> Ramesh

Ramesh

i wasn't in the office fri, reason for the delayed response.  the src is
located in the ftp directory, one can make the java docs from it. it's
located at;

% ftp unidata.ucar.edu
% cd pub/netcdf-java/v2.2
% get ncSrc-2.2.09.zip netcdfAll-2.2.09.zip

the directory netcdf-java-2.2/src/ucar/nc2/iosp/grib could be used as an
example isop for your development.

in the root dir, do

% ant -p

for the available options.

also, one can test out the code with webstart. it's at:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf-java/v2.2/webstart/index.html

robb...

> On Thursday 09 June 2005 03:49 pm, Robb Kambic wrote:
> > Ramesh,
> >

> > we are working on the common data model, if you would code an service
> > provider to COAMPS then you could use the THREDDS s/w to do the netcdf
> > conversion.  go to:
> >
> > http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support/help/ultraseek.html
> >
> > enter "common data model"
> >

> > robb...
> >
> > On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Ramesh_S_Mantri wrote:
> > > Robb,
> > >    I need some info. We are at the moment in the process of implementing
> > > functionality to take input data files in any format and write them out
> > > in NetCDF format.
> > >
> > > Your GRIB decoder takes care of this process for GRIB files. But we are
> > > writing code for COAMPS files. Our plan is to convert COAMPS files to
> > > NetCDF files using exactly the same attributes that your decoder uses.
> > > Does this make sense to you folks? We would like to have the NetCDF
> > > files in one consistent format.
> > >
> > > Finally, even though we are not dealing with grib2 files yet, it might
> > > happen sometime. What process would you recommend for converting
> > > grib2 files to NetCDF. Do the resulting NetCDF files contain the same
> > > attributes as generated from grib1 files? Thanks in advance.
> > > sincerely,
> > > Ramesh

rkambic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   WWW: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/

  • Search the decoders archives: