Re: [galeon] WCS CF-netCDF profile document

Hi Jon,

My answer is inline.

*However*, if we see WCS primarily as a mechanism for exposing
coverage *metadata* in a standard way (with describeCoverage() being
the most important method) then things start making a lot more sense
to me.  Coverages are described, harvested and then discovered.  The
process of discovery reveals a method for grabbing actual data.  If
the client understands this method (which could be OPeNDAP or a JPIP
stream) then data transfer can take place.  The WCS-NetCDF mapping is
then needed to show how NetCDF coverages can be described.  Have I
understood this correctly?

Yes, you have. Besides, we should implement/follow the ISO 19123/19115 data model to provide heterogeneous clients (users and systems) with a general and well-accepted semantics.

Regards,

---Stefano

  • Search the galeon archives: