Re: [galeon] Draft CF-netCDF OGC Candidate Standard

Ben,

> I've made a first cut at an OGC Candidate Standard Specification for
> CF-netCDF Binary Encoding.  It's on the GALEON wiki at:
>
> http://sites.google.com/site/galeonteam/Home/cf-netcdf-candidate-standard
>
> In outline form, the document has all the sections I believe will be needed.
>   Some are just stubs at this point but the key sections of what will become
> the OGC core standard for CF-netCDF have been filled in verbatim with the
> text of the NASA Standards Process Group Standard for netCDF.
>
>  http://www.esdswg.org/spg/rfc/esds-rfc-011/ESDS-RFC-011v1.00.pdf
>
> The result of this process will thus be a jointly recognized standard
> between  NASA and the OGC.

I've just made a one-line correction to the standard for ESDS and sent
them (S. Daniel Jacob) the following note about the change:

  OK, I've included a draft of version 1.01 of the "NetCDF Classic and
  64-bit File Formats" RFC here, in .doc and .pdf form:

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ/public/esds-rfc-netcdf-2009-08-10.doc
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ/public/esds-rfc-netcdf-2009-08-10.pdf

  I provided an explanation of the change under the "Change Explanation"
  section, but if this seems too detailed, let me know.

  I also included the licensing language to the Federal government with
  the UCAR copyright notice replacing the previous NASA copyright, but
  as far as I understand the extra licensing language is not strictly
  necessary.  Nevertheless, it makes clear that NASA has essentially the
  same rights as if they had the copyright, so I think it should be
  included.

Could you see that the one-line change gets in your candidate standard
also, tto make sure this minor omission doesn't get propagated further?
Thanks.

--Russ

  • Search the galeon archives: