Font differences between Gempak5.9.2 and Gempak5.10.2

Gembuds,
I have been having trouble getting GEMPAK 5.10.2 to change the font size. Has anyone else noticed font behavior differences between 5.9.2 and 5.10.2?

Running on my linux machine (2.6.15-1.2054_FC5), using linux binaries, I get two different outcomes from identical scripts:

For Example:
GEMPAK5.9.2, using SFMAP:
TEXT= .7:
http://www.met.sjsu.edu/weather/surface/24hour-a.gif
TEXT=1/21/SW:
http://www.met.sjsu.edu/weather/surface/24hour-b.gif

BUT,
GEMPAK5.10.2, using SFMAP:
TEXT= .7:
http://www.met.sjsu.edu/weather/surface/24hour-c.gif
TEXT=1/21/SW:
http://www.met.sjsu.edu/weather/surface/24hour-d.gif

Thanks for anyone who might have an explanation or a solution.

-Mike

Mike Voss
Department of Meteorology
San Jose State University