Re: [gembud] gdbiint Segmentation Fault - GEMPAK6.2.0 on Centos 5.5 i386

whats strange is I had that problem with 5.11.4
now with 6.2 works excellent

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Andrew Little
  To: gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, November 22, 2010 6:55 PM
  Subject: [gembud] gdbiint Segmentation Fault - GEMPAK6.2.0 on Centos 5.5 i386

  I am trying to run $GEMEXE/gdbiint on some grids I created from gdradr and
gdcfil. However, when running gdbiint I end up with a "Segmentation Fault".

  Attached are my gdradr and gdcfil scripts.

  GEMPAK-GDBIINT>l

  GDFILE   = ruc.gem

  GDOUTF   = usptype.gem

  GFUNC    = tmpk

  GLEVEL   = 30:0

  GVCORD   = pdly

  GDATTIM  = f000

  GDNUM    =

   GEMPAK-GDBIINT>r

    Building interpolation array for  4750 columns  3020 rows

  Segmentation fault

  I checked gdb for where the problem lies.

  (gdb) file /usr/nawips/GEMPAK/os/linux/bin/gdbiint
  (gdb) run

  Starting program: /usr/nawips/GEMPAK6.2.0/os/linux/bin/gdbiint

  Detaching after fork from child process 30703.

  Creating process: gplt for queue 16744448

  GDFILE    Grid file                         usptype.gem

  GDOUTF    Output grid file                  usptype.gem

  GFUNC     Scalar grid                       mask(slt(tmpc,0),rain2@0%none)

  GLEVEL    Grid level                        2

  GVCORD    Grid vertical coordinate          hght

  GDATTIM   Grid date/time                    f000

  GDNUM     Grid numbers                      LIST

  Parameters requested: GDFILE,GDOUTF,GFUNC,GLEVEL,GVCORD,GDATTIM,GDNUM.

  GEMPAK-GDBIINT>restore gdbiint.nts

  GEMPAK-GDBIINT>l

  GDFILE   = /usr/nawips/GEMPAK/../radar_testing/usptype/ruc.gem

  GDOUTF   = usptype.gem

  GFUNC    = tmpk

  GLEVEL   = 30:0

  GVCORD   = pdly

  GDATTIM  = f000

  GDNUM    =

  GEMPAK-GDBIINT>r

    Building interpolation array for  4750 columns  3020 rows

  0x080568d6 in gr_ltln (kx=@0xbfffcc68, ky=@0xbfffcc4c, rlat=0x85af520,
rlon=0x81dec20, iret=@0xbfffcc7c) at grltln.f:40

  40                      rlon (k) = fi

  (gdb)

  Anyone have any ideas why would this occur?

  Could this possibly be a bounds error which would be similar to the nex2gini
bug in GEMPAK5.11.4 especially since it references kx and ky?

  Thanks.

  Andrew Little

  Weather Systems Analyst

  Universal Weather & Aviation