Re: [gembud] GEMPAK6.4.0 _gf programs XQueryColors error

I installed all the xorg-x11-fonts-ISO8859 pkgs from rhel5 repo and it didn't
help

----- Original Message -----
From: daryl herzmann [mailto:akrherz@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 07:15 AM
To: mark.tucker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mark.tucker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [gembud] GEMPAK6.4.0 _gf programs XQueryColors error

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012, Mark Tucker wrote:

> I'm getting a very similar error with most of our gempak scripts.  Gempak
> 6.4.0 running on CentOS 6.2 (x86-64).  The script is running on an Xvfb
> display.  Below is the error message I get when running gdplot2, gpmap, etc:
>
>   X Error of failed request:  BadName (named color or font does not exist)
>      Major opcode of failed request:  45 (X_OpenFont)
>      Serial number of failed request:  72
>      Current serial number in output stream:  1578
>
> I've done a ton of searching and haven't found any resolution yet.

Try installing the package xorg-x11-fonts-ISO8859-1-75dpi

Name        : xorg-x11-fonts-ISO8859-1-75dpi
Arch        : noarch
Version     : 7.2
Release     : 9.1.el6
Size        : 899 k
Repo        : installed
>From repo   : rhel-x86_64-workstation-6
Summary     : A set of 75dpi ISO-8859-1 fonts for X.
URL         : http://www.x.org
License     : MIT and Lucida and Public Domain
Description : Contains a set of 75dpi fonts for ISO-8859-1.

daryl