[gembud] METAR "Available Times" listing in GARP

Greetings:

When using GARP to plot "Surface Observational Data", I am seeing garbled
date/timestamps in the listing of "Available Times".  In a previous version of
GARP, I would see something like the following for the data listings
for a given hour:

20120611/2000
20120611/2020
20120611/2040

Now, I am seeing the following:

20120611/2000
2012612020
201120611240

I am able to plot the data just fine for the timestamp
"20120611/2000", but not for
the two garbled timestamps.

For the record, I am able to plot all three data groups in NMAP2
(2000, 2020, 2040 UTC).
This would suggest that it is not a gempak decoder issue, but a GARP
issue.  While I know
that GARP is no longer supported, I still like using the program given
its ability to plot
cross sections of model data.....

Any suggestions would be appreciated....

peace,
Frank

Frank J. Marsik
Associate Research Scientist/Lecturer
Dept. of Atmospheric, Oceanic and Space Sciences
2109 Space Research Building
2455 Hayward Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2143

Phone: 734-763-5369
Fax: 734-763-0437

"We must remember that intelligence is not enough.  Intelligence, plus
character, is the
  goal of true education. " - Martin Luther King

  • Search the gembud archives: