Re: [gembud] GEMPAK 6.7.0: Max Number of stations in STNFIL: 30000

On 12/12/2012 11:39 AM, Stephen Sinnis wrote:
I have more than 80k of stations that I want to put in a sffile, but am
hitting a limit of 30000.

I have checked through the archives and and greped through the common
source files, but cannot find the variable that limits the number of
STATIONS that can be in a GEMPAK surface point file.

Stephen,

You are looking for $GEMPAK/include/GEMPRM.PRM, where you'll find the lines:
        PARAMETER       ( LLSTFL =  30000   )
C!                                              Max # stations in file

Cheers,
Steve

SFOUTF = snow.sfc

SFPRMF = METAR.PACK

STNFIL = biasblend.tbl

SHIPFL = NO

TIMSTN = 24

SFFSRC = metr

GEMPAK-SFCFIL>

SFCFIL PARAMETERS:

New surface file: snow.sfc

Parameter file: METAR.PACK

Station file: biasblend.tbl

Number of stations in STNFIL: 30000

Number of additional stations: 0

Total number of stations: 30000

Total number of times: 24

This file will be a standard surface file.

Stephen Sinnis

Pelmorex Inc