[gembud] Question regarding gdplot3 contour scale

  • To: "gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gembud] Question regarding gdplot3 contour scale
  • From: Mark Hughes <themarkca@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 20:17:30 +0000
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
Hi All,

I am contouring GRIB2 data (ICING) and gdplot3 is producing a scale ("color
bar") for a filled contour which shows an unexpected value.

The attached image scaleProblem1.PNG has a red circle around the problem.  The
highest value in the field is 56.  The gradient in the color bar shows a white
box for the range 60-70.  I would expect the next grayscale value in FLINE.

The parameter FINT is:

    5/10/70

The attachment scaleProblem2.PNG shows that the chart looks OK if I change FINT:

    5/10/60

However, the maximum value could be above 60.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Mark Hughes, Frequentis CA

  • Search the gembud archives: