Re: File Formats

Hi Ken....

Try "m" or "meter" for the altitude and see if that makes a
difference.  Standard unit names and abreviations are listed at:
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/udunits/udunits.txt>

Best wishes,

tom

On 6/18/07, Ken Mankoff <mankoff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Perhaps this belongs on the netcdf mailing list, but I thought I'd post here
first.

I've created a netcdf file, and IDV says "No gridded data found for
/path/to/file, would you like to try another source". This is if I have one
of my axes as "altitude" with units "meters", which is a CF standard I
think. If I change "altitude" to "pressure" and "meters" to "hPa", then the
data loads in IDV.

What am I doing wrong when creating this file?

Thanks,

   -k.

--
Tom Whittaker