Re: [idvdevelopers] Improvements in the Area of Publication Quality Graphics

Yuan & Julien --

Fantastic!

There is "just one more" area -- the user wants to be able to control
the fonts for...well, everything.  I think mostly we just need to
expose some controls to the user, since the "default font"  does not
present itself "good enough".

Keep up the great work!!

tom

p.s. I bumped into one of our scientists at the airport when I was
going to the PolComm meeting.  His take on "publication quality
graphics" was that none of the generator applications (IDL, Matlab,
IDV, etc) was good enough -- instead, he creates the pictures and then
uses gimp to put on the labels "just the way I want them".  His
philosophy is that he might make a hundred pictures while doing his
research, but he needs to pick just 2 or 3 for publication, so he's
willing to take "the extra few minutes" to use a real graphics program
to produce just what he wants....which is not necessarily what "some
program" does.  Interesting perspective, eh?