Re: Install Error

Kevin -- was a total shot in the dark, since i figured javac ignored such things...but not running on Linux, and having been burned creating scripts on DOS machines that cause KSH/BASH to throw a hissy-fit, it's always something i try...

tom

Kevin Manross wrote:

Good suggestion, Tom. I tried a "dos2unix" on all of the directories and subdirs but had no change of behavior with the ant build.

-kevin.

Tom Whittaker wrote:

Given the location (end of line) of the error, is it possible that Kevin is building on a Linux/Unix system and that this file has a DOS-like ending?

tom

Kevin Manross wrote:

Although the error shows:

[javac] /mnt/home/kmanross/VisAD/idv/metapps/ucar/unidata/idv/ViewManager.java:5: error: unrecognized character in input stream. [javac] * Atmospheric Research, P.O. Box 3000, Boulder, CO 80307, [javac] ^

my first several lines from ViewManager.java are:

/*
 * $Id: ViewManager.java,v 1.167 2004/08/10 13:47:05 jeffmc Exp $
 *
* Copyright © 1997-2004 Unidata Program Center/University Corporation for
 * Atmospheric Research, P.O. Box 3000, Boulder, CO 80307,
 * support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
 *
* This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it

So I am still unsure of what my issue is.

-kevin.

Jeff McWhirter wrote:

Kevin Manross wrote:

Hello,

I had to recompile my idv and came across the same errors that I reported back in May. Specifically, many lines similar to the following:

[javac] * Copyright 1997-2004 Unidata Program Center/University Corporation for

Hi Kevin,
It looks like somehow the source code in that file got corrupted. From the src jar on the ftp site we have:

harpo.unidata.ucar.edu: more ViewDescriptor.java
/*
* $Id: ViewDescriptor.java,v 1.10 2004/03/01 18:27:43 dmurray Exp $
*
* Copyright © 1997-2004 Unidata Program Center/University Corporation for

Why don't you try and download it and build again?

-Jeff

--
Tom Whittaker (tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
University of Wisconsin-Madison