RE: remote Level II Radar source in IDV

Hi, Jeff,

Thanks for your quick reply! The information you provided is very
helpful! I have several more questions which are included inline.

>Right now the IDV only reads in Level II Radar from the file system.
>However, we are working with
>the THREDDS group here at Unidata to support Level II on
>remote servers
>(and Level III from disk).

This feature is exactly what we are looking for. When do you think this
would be released? Would there be a beta version that will be available
sooner?

>I haven't seen that error but it will probably fail if you are
>trying to
>point to Level II data from the catalog.

Actually I also tried with the catalog link on THREDDS project page
(http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/catalog.xml) and received the
same error, although it worked with the two default THREDDS catalogs in
the IDV drop down menu. My IDV version is 1.2. I installed it using
InstallAnywhere. The call stack is as follows:
java.lang.NumberFormatException: multiple points
 at java.lang.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.Double.valueOf(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.Double.<init>(Unknown Source)
 at ucar.unidata.xml.XmlUtil.getAttribute(XmlUtil.java:593)
 at ucar.unidata.xml.XmlUtil.getAttribute(XmlUtil.java:483)
 at
ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.ThreddsHandler.getVersion(ThreddsHandler.java:3
26)
 at
ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.ThreddsHandler.doMakeContents(ThreddsHandler.ja
va:387)
 at ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.XmlHandler.getContents(XmlHandler.java:130)
 at ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.XmlChooser.makeUi(XmlChooser.java:392)
 at
ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.XmlChooser.makeUiFromPath(XmlChooser.java:331)
 at
ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.XmlChooser.makeUiFromPath(XmlChooser.java:299)
 at
ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.XmlChooser.doUpdateInner(XmlChooser.java:601)
 at ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.XmlChooser.access$100(XmlChooser.java:82)
 at ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.XmlChooser$5.run(XmlChooser.java:581)
 at ucar.unidata.util.Misc$2.run(Misc.java:778)
Is this a bug?

>I'm not sure if the above Level-II on remote server will be in the
>November release.  There may be other workarounds
>that we can implement (http based access).  Can your users access the
>Level-II file system as a shared file system?
>
>-Jeff

Could you please explain a little more about the http based access? What
needs to be done for this approach? Since our goal is to provide the
Level-II data to the public instead of just researchers at Purdue, the
shared file system solution probably won't work here.

Thanks again for your help!
Lan

  • Search the idvusers archives: