Re: Error trying to display data from netCDF file

Can you run "ncdump -h" and look at the variables and their units? Perhaps the problem is just as stated: there is no recognizable vertical coordinate or dimension.

Can you put the file on a server for us to look at?

tom

Andy Holland wrote:

I'm running IDV 1.1 on WindowsXP. I can add the file as a new data source, then I select the variable of interest. When I Create Display I get the following error:

"An error has occurred: Couldn't get data Unable to handle Z axis with Unit null"

The file I'm trying to open is a 3D file that was created with MCIP2.

Thanks,
Andy Holland

--
Tom Whittaker (tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)