Re: mm5 to nc with CF conversion tool available

Hi Stuart-

Thanks for contributing this to the community.  We're working
on setting up a space on the IDV website where we can post
IDV related items (bundles, animations, plugins, code) and
once that's up, I can add a pointer to your converter if that's
okay with you.

Don

Stuart Maclean wrote:
Given the recent postings about MM and netcdf, I thought I would mention the fact that I have written a Java converter tool which converts both the mm5 TERRAIN output and MODEL output (INTERP?) to netcdf. The conversion reads geo-locating metadata from the mm5 big header and outputs these as CF conventions compliant netcdf. IDV can read my nc files directly.

I should point out that the converter was written to handle our local mm5 files. I know that it will not handle mm5 orderings CA for instance. Further, the geolocating metadata is assumed to be in certain sections of the mm5 big header, I am not sure if this assumption holds in general

The converter is available for download at

http://metoc.apl.washington.edu/uwme

Stuart Maclean

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm

  • Search the idvusers archives: