Re: [idvusers] How to overlay cross sections?

On 12/1/2010 9:08 AM, Levy,Ilan [Ontario] wrote:
Hi,
I have model output in NetCDF files and I need to show a vertical cross
section of wind vectors (u-v) with a third parameter, say ozone levels
for example.
The IDV lets me do a cross section of the horizontal wind and of ozone,
but each is plotted in a separate window.
In the map view, I can see them together, but the wind vectors are
parallel to the surface, so that if I rotate the view and look from the
side I don't see them as vectors.

Is there a way to combine two cross section panels into one?

Thanks,
Ilan

Hi Ilan,
This question has been posted a few weeks ago, the answer is yes. You can use the Transect View to do this. See:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/workshop/page_transectviews.html

Yuan