LDM Startup error, any suggestions?

I'm receiving the following error upon starting LDM (5.1.2):

   hupsyslog: couldn't open /etc/syslog.pid

It started after a bad shutdown the other day. LDM is still processing files OK but I also receive an error message from the newlog routine:

   Your "cron" job on delyte
   /usr/LDM/ldm/bin/ldmadmin newlog

   produced the following output:

   hupsyslog: couldn't open /etc/syslog.pid

Any idea of what got erased or made inaccessible?

..Chris..

  • Search the ldm-users archives: