Re: changing max_latency

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Rorik Peterson wrote:

> What is the default value for -m max_latency for ldm-6.0.11?

I believe it's still 3600 seconds, AFAIK.

> Is there a
> more standard way to send this to rpc.ldmd than hacking the $cmd_line
> variable in ldmadmin?

Well, I suppose you could start rpc.ldmd from the command line with the
'-m max_latency' argument you want supplied, but I've never done this, so
I can't recommend it.

What I do is have a number of versions of ldmadmin with various
max_latency values set up, then I copy over the one I want to ldmadmin.

But IMHO Unidata should make the max_latency value a configurable option
at the top of ldmadmin, rather than having to change the $cmd_line
variable deep in the body of the script.

Tom
Tom McDermott                           Email: tmcderm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator                   Phone: (585) 395-5718
Earth Sciences Dept.                    Fax: (585) 395-2416
SUNY College at Brockport

  • Search the ldm-users archives: