Surface Data Problems--Again!

There still seems to be some major problems with transmitting METAR data, especially for the US. When we do get them, they arrive extremely late in the hour. I haven't seen any message traffic from the NCF recognizing that they have a problem, but the receipt of these data has not been anything close to normal since 25/2000Z via both NOAAPORT and IDD (from UIUC).

I find it hard to believe that this kind of operational problem can go on so long with important observational data.

Jim Koermer
Plymouth State

  • Search the ldm-users archives: