Re: [ldm-users] Minor bug in LDM 6.8.0: can't find ntpdate

On Sat, 1 Aug 2009, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

I'm getting this message emailed to me from my root account on every machine I have LDM 6.8.0 on. Running the ldmadmin newlog command manually yields no problems.

Couldn't invoke the ntpdate(1) utility, "ntpdate": No such file
or directory.  Set the value of the variable "$ntpdate" in the
configuration-file, /home/ldm/etc/ldmadmin-pl.conf, to the pathname of
the ntpdate(1) utility.

You should either fix the problem (recommended) or disable time-checking
by setting the variable "$check_time" to 0 in the configuration-file,
/home/ldm/etc/ldmadmin-pl.conf, (not recommended).

Turns out that the answer is that RHEL and CentOS don't have paths for /usr/sbin in their default .login or .bashrc files. Putting them in there, or putting an absolute path into the ladmadmin-pl.conf entry easily fixes the issue.

Otherwise, LDM 6.8.0 is working great.

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: