Re: [ldm-users] Minor bug in LDM 6.8.0: can't find ntpdate

Gerry Creager wrote:
> And, since I'm running ntpd, ntpdate can't get the socket... and ldm
> isn't the root user (but I can always fix permissions).

The ldmadmin(1) script uses the command "ntpdate -q", which queries a
time-server in order to check the accuracy of the system clock but *does
not* attempt to set the system clock; consequently, it isn't affected by
a running ntpd(8) daemon and the command can be run by anyone and not
just the superuser.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

  • Search the ldm-users archives: