[ldm-users] NEXRAD3 & NEXRAD2

Greeting's..
   I have a bit of a puzzler ..
I have been watching the server in my system that receives NEXRAD2 & 3
during our mini severe outbreak Easter Weekend it fell drastically behind
in storing NEXRAD2 (on the tune of 30-45 minutes)
at that time it had 4gb RAM on a 10Mbit port ..

I upgraded to 6gb
I watched it last week and it was always maxing the 6gb out,
so I scheduled a major upgrade today..
12GB - 100Mbit ..
after I rebuilt LDM and the product queue ..
now its barely using 4GB ??

I realize it depends on radar returns, but before the upgrade
the full 6gb was being used.. after just 4gb ??

so .. did I just waste upgrading to 12gb ???

Jeff Lake K8JSL
http://www.MichiganWxSystem.com
https://www.TheWeatherCenter.net

  • Search the ldm-users archives: