[ldm-users] 20130715: restarting LDM causes products to stop writing to disk

Hi Blair,

re: problems you have been having with LDM-6.11.6 writing to a mounted disk

Please open an inquiry with Unidata LDM Support <support-ldm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

>--===============0119308983==
>
>--089e0160ac8861e49404e194f41d
>
>What's more, rtstats shows stats for me, as well:
>http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?NEXRAD2+chicago-il-1.ldm.up
> draft.us
>
>As of five minutes before this email, we're getting no data written to
>disk, but clearly rtstats sees the data coming in from the feed...I'm
>puzzled.
>

>On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 6:07 PM, Blair Trosper <
>blair.trosper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Starting a new thread for a new problem.
>>
>> Without touching any of my configuration files, when I start ldmadmin, the
>> products that previously were writing to disk (after the first time I
>> started it after installing), they stop writing to disk even though I'm
>> still receiving them on the network.
>>
>> (I fired up a third server to test this on, and I'm able to reproduce it
>> on a different server on different OS on a different network.)
>>
>> This failure is happening with 6.11.6 on both Debuan 7 and Ubuntu 14...and
>> for multiple trees (NEXRAD2 and IDS|DDPLUS both stop writing to disk).
>>
>> I've tried stopping, deleting the queue, making a new queue, and starting
>> again.  The only thing I can do to get the data flowing again is to cleanly
>> install LDM.  I'm not sure why this would matter, but there you go.
>>
>> Adding new things to pqact.conf causes me to see them in "ldmadmin watch",
>> but not for them to be written to disk.  (The same entries on a 6.8.1
>> server do get written to disk, even on restart.)
>>
>> Can anyone suggest a way to diagnose this is going on?  What's so
>> different between 6.8.1 and 6.11.6 that would cause this to happen?
>>
>> I'm happy to give someone from UCAR access to our server if you want to
>> take a look first hand.
>>
>> --
>> Blair Trosper
>> Weather Data / Updraft Networks
>> blair.trosper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <blair.trosper@xxxxxxxxxx>
>> NOC:  512-666-0536
>>

>--
>Blair Trosper
>Weather Data / Updraft Networks
>blair.trosper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <blair.trosper@xxxxxxxxxx>
>NOC:  512-666-0536

* Tom Yoksas                                            UCAR Unidata Program *
* (303) 497-8642 (last resort)                                 P.O. Box 3000 *
* yoksas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  Boulder, CO 80307 *
* Unidata WWW Service                            http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/*

  • Search the ldm-users archives: