[ldm-users] Service interruption Wed June 10th, 5:30 - 6:30 MDT

Hello LDM'ers and Unidata community,

THIS Wednesday (tomorrow), UCAR/NCAR will be upgrading our core network
switch and router.

Impacted services include:

IDD data delivery
THREDDS Data Server  (UCAR/Unidata hosted)
Web services
Mail
..basically we are going "dark" for about an hour.

This will occur at 5:30 MDT and persist for about an hour.

 - - - NOTE for IDD service - - -

Unidata has implemented a "back-up" cluster to help provide uninterrupted
service.

The hostname of the front end of the back-up cluster is:

iddb.unidata.ucar.edu

iddb WILL stay up during this outage as it is located on a different switch.

Below is the official announcement:

SCHEDULED OUTAGE NOTIFICATION

On Wednesday June 10th beginning at 5:30 a.m. NETS will be upgrading the
core Ethernet switch/router flra.

All devices directly connected to this ethernet switch will experience an
outage of up to 1 hour while the software and some hardware is upgraded.
This ethernet switch serves the FL2-3095 computer room.  Other campus
connectivity will fail over to the redundant router for the campus, but a
brief outage as traffic fails over and again as traffic falls back will
occur.

For a detailed list of ports affected, please visit
      http://nets.ucar.edu/nets/internal/portlists/switches/flra.html

START: Wed Jun 10 2015 5:30 AM MDT
DURATION: 1 hour window

SERVICES AFFECTED
UCAR Campus Network

PRIMARY CONTACT
Teresa Shibao
shibao@xxxxxxxx
303-497-8510

SECONDARY CONTACTS
Paul Dial
dialp@xxxxxxxx
303-497-1261

Thank you for your patience during this maintenance window, we have done
our best to reduce the impact to our community.

Please let us/me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding this
outage.

Cheers,

Jeff

--