Re: [ldm-users] links/resources for ldmd.conf and pqact.conf for various products?

Hi Joseph,

You might try the following link as a resource for configuring pqact.conf:

http://unidata.github.io/awips2/docs/devguide/regular-expressions.html

The page is written for AWIPS II, but it can probably be tailored for your application, I'm assuming you already have a data feed and are interested in saving products to file or piping to a script for additional use.

Blue sky idea for Unidata developers: Either include something similar to this with the default LDM tar bundle or create a script to generate this (similar to the gen_pqact.csh that comes with Gempak, but replacing references for decoders with references to file products within a directory structure).

Slightly off topic: At Plymouth State, we're migrating generation of some model products from Gempak to NCL. We're finding that there are some operational limitations to using NCL with Opendap GRIB/netCDF datasets and are investigating using local GRIB products ingested by LDM as an alternative source. I've been doing one off edits of pqact.conf on a case by case basis, but it would be nice if there were a resource to generate a pqact.conf for all current model products (& subsequently keeping it up to date as new products come out). If NCL could handle Gempak files directly, it would be less of an issue.

Hope this helps,
Brendon
--
Brendon Hoch, M.S.