Re: NetCDF Java

Hi Eric:

Version 2 does not make its object Serializable, and I have not continued the development of the RMI-based NetcdfServer class from version 1. Remote access is currently available through HTTP and DODS servers.

Serialization was pretty inefficient in early version of Java, although I know its improved and I havent timed it lately. I would be interested in understanding your application, and whether RMI would be a better solution than DODS or HTTP.

Eric Kihn wrote:

John,

        Does the NetCDF Java v2 come as a serializable set?  That is to say can
I send these
NetCDF entities across the wire via RMI and such?

Thanks,