Re: Thredds uses

Tennessee James Leeuwenburg wrote:

Hi Tennessee:

The Agg server can aggregate local netcdf files or remote DODS datasets. So if you have a netcdf files served through a dods server, the AS can aggregate them. Using local netcdf files are preferable when possible because its a lot faster

Not what I meant - I have remote netCDF files served by a CGI script which is not a DODS server, which handles queries embedded in the URLs. It may be easier if you consider that they are simply available as files via HTTP from a remote directory.

yes, as long as the HTTP server supports "getRange" header, nectdf files can be read remotely. performance can vary a lot depending on access pattern. we havent had time to tune that, but setting a large (100K ?) buffer size in HTTPRandomAccessFile will help. get netcdf-java 2.1 source if you want to see.

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf-java/index.html

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/validateForm.html

I dont currently have a source distribution, i will try to make one in the next few weeks.

Groovy.

It can be hard to get the config files right. Send us a copy of yours and we can have a look. Send to yuanho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and cc me.

Will do. Thank you.