netcdf-java, geotiff and Matlab

Netcdf-java crew,

Can NJ22 be used to *read* Geotiff?

I recently figured out how to load netcdf and DODS data into Matlab using the NetCDF-Java interface, and pressing my luck, thought I'd try to use it to read 32-bit Geotiff images into Matlab.

But it looks like only writing of Geotiffs is possible in NJ22. Is that correct?

If it's not possible to read Geotiff, is there a recommended geotiff reader (needs to read 32 bit geotiff) in Java?

(... asked fearfully, straying dangerously close to the discussion group boundary ...).

Thanks,
Rich

--
Richard P. Signell
U.S. Geological Survey       Phone: (508) 457-2229