Re: Coordiante System Issue - Earth's Radius

I guess I need to look at the netcdf documents... and perhaps ask Nelson a similar question. So: What are the standards we're using here? What's the geodetic datums for horizontal and vertial employed here?

Nelson's question sounds a lot like the difference between Clarke 1866 and GRS80.

gerry

Nelson Brandon K A1C AFWA/SCSA wrote:
All,

NetcdfDataset dataSet = NetcdfDataset.openDataset("C:\\Documents and Settings\\nelsonb\\My Documents\\ArcMap\\us057g1010t03a000000000");

            NetcdfDatasetInfo info = dataSet.getInfo();

VariableEnhanced var = (VariableEnhanced)dataSet.getVariables().get(0);

            GridCoordSys grid = info.getGridCoordSys(var);

            ProjectionImpl proj = grid.getProjection();

            LatLonRect latlon = grid.getLatLonBoundingBox();

            LatLonPointImpl point = latlon.getUpperRightPoint();

            System.out.println(point.getLatitude());

            System.out.println(point.getLongitude());

I have the above code, the issue is that the netcdf methods use a pre-programmed (constant) radius for the earth, which is different than the one that my data models use. As a result, the corner points are off by a few hundredths of a degree (which translates to about 1.5km). Do you know how I can force the projection to use a different radius?

V/r

A1C Nelson, Brandon K

Communications-Computer Systems Programmer

HQ AFWA/SCSA (402) 294-1404

--
Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager@xxxxxxxx
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.862.3983