Re: Creating a GeoGrid

Use GridDataset.open(String filename);

Carl Drews wrote:
John -

Last week you suggested that I could use a GeoGrid to read grib1 and
grib2 files, rather than a NetcdfDataset.  I'm looking at the javadoc on
GeoGrid here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/v2.2.14/javadoc/ucar/nc2/dataset/grid/GeoGrid.html

GeoGrid takes a GridDataset for its constructor; GridDataset takes a
NetcdfDataset for its constructor.  From this pair of constructors it
appears that I will need a NetcdfDataset anyway.

Is there any other way to construct a GeoGrid?

Carl