Re: support for NCML in NetCDF4?

  • Subject: Re: support for NCML in NetCDF4?
  • From: Russ Rew <russ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 13:25:40 -0600
Rich,

Yesterday, I wrote:
> Support for NcML is currently included in the requirements for netCDF
> version 4.1, which means it won't be ready for the 4.0 release but
> will be in the C library in the next major release after that.  I
> wouldn't expect it before Summer 2007.

but after some discussion, I think I need to clarify that response.
The support for NcML in the C library most likely will not initially
include the aggregation capabilities that were recently added to Java
netCDF.  It turns out that implementing scalable aggregation involves
more than I thought, so adding aggregation will probably be delayed
until after version 4.1.

--Russ