Re: Array question

its probably making a copy:

  public Object get1DJavaArray(Class wantType) {
    if (wantType == getElementType()) {
      if (indexCalc.fastIterator) return getStorage(); // already in order
      else return copyTo1DJavaArray(); // gotta copy
    }

its supposed to detect if it needs to copy (eg if the index has been
reordered). if you are sure theres no reordering, and its making a copy anyway,
ill have to see why that test is failing.

Jeff McWhirter wrote:

John,
I have an Array of type ArrayFloat$D3
I do a:
arr.get1DJavaArray(float.class);
to get the float[] array

When I do this I am getting extra memory allocation (the 481K bytes):
0    2         >calling get1DJavaArray Array.getElementType=float
16   481       <calling get1DJavaArray ms: 16

What gives? Shouldn't the storage of this array just be the float[] array?

-Jeff