status of nj22 WRT netCDF-4

Hi,

I'm trying to clarify the functionality of the latest release of nj22 (eg nj-2.2.17) WRT netCDF-4.

According to some of the CDM docs I've seen (eg http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/caron/presentations/CDM.ppt, slide 39) nj22 implements the CDM data access layer (ie netCDF-4) 'to beta quality' but is awaiting HDF5-1.8. I assumed this to mean both reading *and* writing, yet on the the nj22 web page (http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/) it seems to be suggested that only reading of netCDF-4 files is supported with writing being restricted to netCDF-3. Which is correct? Or have I missed something here?

regards

Simon Wood

--
Simon Wood