Re: announce: release netcdf-java stable version 2.2.18

Hi Rich:

We are hoping that we will get a useable version of HDF5 by mid-January. Im guessing it will be another month before we have modified both the C and Java netCDF libraries (assuming we dont find any problems) to the point where you can start using/testing.
Thanks, I will update the web page to reflect this timeline.

Rich Signell wrote:
John,

A new stable release of netcdf-java 2.2.18 is now ready at

While grabbing netcdf-java 2.2.18, I noticed that at the top of the

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/

it says:

"Why do we designate this alpha? The stability and code quality is
moderately good. However, until we implement the NetCDF-4 reader, we
are not sure if the API might need some (probably minor) changes. We
anticipate a stable NetCDF-4 format by fall of 2006."

Any update on the timeline?  Still waiting on the HDF5 part?

Thanks,
Rich