[netCdfJava #HEM-237554]: netCDF Java - toolsUI bug: crashes because of icon

Hi Jesus:

This bug should be fixed in the latest development release (2.2.19.13). Please
let us know if you see any more problems.

Thanks for reporting.

Jesus Fernadez Posted on 20070221.0742 MST
Institution: University of Cantabria
Package Version: 2.2.18
Operating System: Ubuntu Linux 6.06
Hardware Information: pentium 4, 2.8GHz, 1gb ram
Inquiry: Hi,

I dont know if this is the place to post a bug..

I'm using IceWM window manager under Linux, and it does not support changing
the icon on the top left side of the window. This crashes the whole thing. I
dont think this should be a fatal exception. It would be helpful for future
releases to catch this exception and let the program go ahead without the icon.

Best,
Jesus

Ps: exception raised:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Width (0)
and hei
ght (0) cannot be <= 0
        at
java.awt.image.DirectColorModel.createCompatibleWritableRaster(Unknow
n Source)
        at sun.awt.X11.XFramePeer.setIconImage(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.X11.XFramePeer.postInit(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.X11.XBaseWindow.init(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.X11.XBaseWindow.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.X11.XWindow.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.X11.XComponentPeer.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.X11.XCanvasPeer.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.X11.XPanelPeer.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.X11.XWindowPeer.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.X11.XDecoratedPeer.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.X11.XFramePeer.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.X11.XToolkit.createFrame(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Frame.addNotify(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Window.pack(Unknown Source)
        at
thredds.ui.IndependentWindow.setComponent(IndependentWindow.java:77)
        at thredds.ui.IndependentWindow.<init>(IndependentWindow.java:71)
        at thredds.ui.TextHistoryPane$IW.<init>(TextHistoryPane.java:265)
        at thredds.ui.TextHistoryPane$IW.<init>(TextHistoryPane.java:263)
        at
thredds.ui.TextHistoryPane.makeIndependentWindow(TextHistoryPane.java

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: HEM-237554
Department: Support netCDF Java