ucar.netcdf packages

Hi,

this is my first time implementing Netcdf in my application.
I have successfully read and written data into a netcdf file.
Now i have some question:

What is the different of using ucar.netcdf package and ucar.nc2 package?

What i need is just to read and write multidimentional data into netcdf file.
Which package shall i use?

I'm glad if somebody can give me an answer.

Regard,
Han