Re: [netcdf-java] Problem getting VerticalTransform

Hi Rich:

probably a bug in the code or incorrect dimensionality of one of the ocean_s
parameter variables. can you tell which variable is requesting when it fails?
can i get a sample nc file?

Rich Signell wrote:
NetCDF-java folk,

I'm having problems using getVerticalTransform for the variable "w" at
time step 1 for this file:

http://stellwagen.er.usgs.gov/cgi-bin/nph-dods/models/south_car/sc62/his/sc62_his_0000.nc

The variable "w" is recognized as a valid Grid variable using the CDM
checker, and the parameter values look ok, so I'm stumped.

??? Java exception occurred:
java.io.IOException: "Invalid constraint parameters: At least one of
the start, stride or stop
specified do not match the array variable."

        at ucar.nc2.dods.DODSNetcdfFile.readData(DODSNetcdfFile.java:1197)

        at ucar.nc2.Variable._read(Variable.java:919)

        at ucar.nc2.Variable.read(Variable.java:614)

        at ucar.nc2.dataset.VariableDS._read(VariableDS.java:279)

        at ucar.nc2.Variable.read(Variable.java:614)

        at ucar.nc2.Variable.read(Variable.java:552)

        at
ucar.unidata.geoloc.vertical.VerticalTransformImpl.readArray(VerticalTransformImpl.java:122)

        at
ucar.unidata.geoloc.vertical.OceanS.getCoordinateArray(OceanS.java:126)

Thanks,
Rich