Re: [netcdf-java] NcMLWriter support for values

Nick Bower wrote:
I wanted to enable <values> output in an ncml dump, say in NcMLWriter or at least provide a custom writer that possibly re-uses NcMLWriter.

On determining whether to output values, NcMLWriter does a Variable.isMetadata() check, so I went looking for a hook here. Unfortunately there is no setIsMetadata method on VariableIF, no ability to do "Variable.isMetadata = true" (it's protected) and no way to over-ride NcMLWriter.writeVariable (it's private with no public api exposure).

So basically I need to code a new writer class - I just mention this because NcMLWriter really needs fixing up (plus no interface etc - ncml is useful!).

Thanks, Nick

I just tried copying and pasting code from NcMLWriter, but ran across a difference in NetworkUtils API between the official Netcdf 2.2.22 jar file and 2.2.22 source bundle.

The latter contains NetworkUtils.canonicalizeWrite(String) but the former does not (presumably it is a different version of NetworkUtils). Is it just me or do others have this also?