[netcdf-java] Renaming CoordinateAxis

Hi All,

I¹m working with gridded datasets (for now) and am interested in ³renaming²
the coordinate axes for certain datasets.  For example ­ a particular
dataset has a ³latitude² coordinate axis called ³yu_ocean² and a ³longitude²
axis called ³xu_ocean².  Is there a way to rename these axes to ³lat² and
³lon² without completely rebuilding the nc file?
I¹m currently using:
FileWriter.writeVariables(List<Variable>); FileWriter.finish();

To write the file and would like to do the ³rename² prior to these calls ­
when I am building the List<Variable> to pass to
FileWriter.writeVariables()....

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Chris

--
Christopher Mueller | Scientist
Applied Science Associates

ASA | Science. Services. Solutions

Imagination is everything.  It is the preview of life's coming attractions.
- Albert Einstein

Whether you think you can or think you can't, either way you are right. -
Henry Ford