[netcdf-java] Overwriting the record variables with NcML.

John,

I am trying to overwrite the coordinate variable 'time' with new values specified in the NcML file. If I use 'NcML' as input file,I can read the new time values as specified in the NcML, but if I write a netcdf file from NcML, then I get the original values from the referenced
dataset. Is this because 'time' is a record variable ?

Referenced dataset: http://www.gri.msstate.edu/rsearch_data/nopp/7923mc-a1h.nc

Example NcML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<netcdf xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2";
    location="http://www.gri.msstate.edu/rsearch_data/nopp/7923mc-a1h.nc";>
</variable>

<variable name="depth">
<attribute name="positive" value="down"/> </variable>

<attribute name="Conventions" value="CF-1.0" />
</netcdf>

thanks,

Sachin.

--
Sachin Kumar Bhate, Research Associate
MSU-High Performance Computing Collaboratory, NGI