[netcdf-java] Use netcdf-java to get an average of a slice of a grid

Hello, I am new to netcdf-java and am wondering if it is possible to
take an average of a slice of a data set. My scenario consists of
creating a custom netcdf model and calculating the average of the data
between any two given points over the specific variables of interest.
I am not sure if this list is the appropriate place for this
questions, please advise.

Regards,
Bryan Kinney