[netcdf-java] subset GeoGrid problem

Hello,

I am trying to query a subsetted GeoGrid for 'vertical axis', and
it returns false when I know that the data has vertical axis.
The original grid does return 'true' for the presence of vertical axis,
so it looks like the flag (hAxis/pAxis/zAxis) is not getting set after
subsetting the GeoGrid.

Just wanted to report this as this method has been a loyal gatekeeper
for me when I am trying to get vertical coordinate data when there is none.

example code:

String uri='http://www.gri.msstate.edu/rsearch_data/nopp/bora_feb.nc';
String var='temp';

GridDataset gid = GridDataset.open(uri);
GeoGrid Grid = gid.findGridByName(var);
GridCoordSys gcs = (GridCoordSys) Grid.getCoordinateSystem();

boolean vAxis = gcs.hasVerticalAxis();          // returns true.

// subset geogrid
GeoGrid subg = Grid.subset(null,null,null,1,1,1); GridCoordSys gcs2 = (GridCoordSys) subg.getCoordinateSystem();

boolean vAxis2 = gcs2.hasVerticalAxis(); // returns false, should return true.

<<<

thanks..

Sachin.
--
Sachin Kumar Bhate, Research Associate
MSU-High Performance Computing Collaboratory, NGI