Re: [netcdf-java] [netcdfgroup] How to convert NetCDF data to T, Z, Y, X data

Hi list.
I have tried the nco package which accomplished its work very promptly.
Now I'm back again with my "Java" question since sometimes I need to work in
a different scenario (Windows restricted) which doesn't allow me to use
Cygwin/MinGW with nco package.

Actually I'm writing code to manually copy a netcdf file to a new one (from
scratch), setting all attributes/variables/dimensions/data properly
rearranged.
I have noticed that NetCDFFileWritable allows adding attributes, variables,
dimensions (Step 1: Define them; Step 2: Fill them after calling "create"
method).
However, I didn't actually found a way to copy the CoordinateSystems from
the original Variables (Instance of VariableDS subclass) to the new added
ones. NetCDFFileWritable has an addVariable method which returns a "simple"
instance of Variable. (I have also taken a look to the "enhancing"
methods/classes)

How can I set CoordinateSystems to my new variables/NetcdfDataset?
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Daniele

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Larry D. Oolman <ldoolman@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It isn't a java solution but ncpdq which is part of
> the nco package can do this easily.
>
> Daniele Romagnoli wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>> first of all, sorry for cross-posting.
>>
>> I have some NetCDF data containing 4D variables having dimensions ordered
>> as Time, Lat, Lon,  Level.
>> I would like to "simply" re-arrange data to become having dimensions
>> ordered as Time, Level, Lat, Lon, as recommended (although not required) by
>> CF-Convention.
>> Is there an easy way to achieve this? (I'm using net-cdf java 2.2 APIs)
>>
>> Basically I have a "test.nc <http://test.nc>" file with
>> attributes/variables/dimensions/more... and I would like to get a "
>> modified.nc <http://modified.nc>" file where the "only difference" is
>> having variables with differently ordered dimensions (and data array
>> respecting the new order).
>>
>> Any suggestion or guidance line would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Daniele
>>
>> --
>> Eng. Daniele Romagnoli