Re: [netcdf-java] Calendar systems

Hi Jon:

Its on my to-do list to start using Joda for date-time processing. Ive hidden
all references to ucar.units, so it will be easy enough to change to joda when
i can. There also seemed to be some possibility that the author might rewrite
Joda to use generics.

Roland Schweitzer has implemented some of the non-standard calendars (eg 360
days), and ill use that when i can get to the refactor.

John

Jon Blower wrote:
Hi John (and list),

Can Java-NetCDF handle the different calendar systems that CF defines
(e.g. 360 day)?  Looking at CoordinateAxis1DTime, a time axis can be
represented as a java.util.Date array, but I can't see a way to relate
this to a calendar system (a java.util.Date is essentially a wrapper
for a number of milliseconds since the epoch).  The Joda-time library
provides a different DateTime class that links to different calendar
systems (which they call Chronologies) - could this be useful?

Cheers, Jon