[netcdf-java] Obtaining horizontal and vertical variables

All,

I¹m wondering if there is an elegant way of determining which variables are
the horizontal and vertical coordinate variables from a NetcdfFile object.
I know that opening the dataset as a GridDataset provides access to such
methods, but I would like to be able to do so without the GridDataset
object.  Has anyone found a way of doing this?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

--
Christopher Mueller |
Applied Science Associates

ASA | Science. Services. Solutions

Imagination is everything.  It is the preview of life's coming attractions.
- Albert Einstein

Whether you think you can or think you can't, either way you are right. -
Henry Ford

  Consider the environment before printing this email.

GIF image