[netcdf-java] Low level C-like API for NetCDF-Java

Hi,

    I am in the process of using NestedVM (uses gcc to compiles C
sources into JAVA bytecode, see http://nestedvm.ibex.org/) to port
some C code to Java. I've been able to compile the latest NetCDF 3.x
code just fine, but I need OPeNDAP and nc-dap is a bit more
challenging as I need to implement a fairly functional ipc/xdr layer
for that. Therefore, I could save time by calling NetCDF-Java
implementation instead.

   I only need to read classic NetCDF-3 files/OPeNDAP  URLs, therefore
the immutability of the file object in  NetCDF-Java should not be a
concern. Has anybody developed a wrapper (or does it exist privately
inside NetCDF-Java) for NetCDF-Java with a C-Like API?  Say,
nc_open(), nc_close, etc. I'm trying not to reinvent the wheel...

  Thank you,

       Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva