[netcdf-java] using pre-defined grib index files

Hello,

I understand that I can use
DiskCache.setRootDirectory("grib_data");
to set a directory where grib index files will be stored. This allows me to read and process grib files from a read-only directory.

However, I recall reading that it is possible to use a pre-defined index file to save the time involved in generating an index file. In spite of a lot of looking I haven't (re)found the documentation that tells me how to do it.

My question: how do I tell the netcdf4 reader to use a specified index file (and one that is in a different directory than the data files)?

-Bill
--
William R. Moninger         http://www-frd.fsl.noaa.gov/~moninger/
NOAA / Earth Systems Research Laboratory / Global Systems Division