Re: [netcdf-java] grib read error

Hi Sachin-

We recently found this bug with another dataset and it has been
fixed.  It was a bug introduced in the grib reading library.
However, a new release of netCDF-Java with the
fix is pending the repair of John's machine. ;-)

Don

Sachin Kumar Bhate wrote:
John,

We are trying to read the coordinate variables from a grib file, but
somehow the variable array is being populated with the same 1st value.

1. Check screen grab lon values in latest toolsUI (Version 4.0.41.20090505.2215) at
   http://www.gri.msstate.edu/rsearch_data/nopp/lon_sachin.jpg

2. The other strange thing is that Rich is using the latest toolsUI as well on a machine that does not have latest JVM (i.e. 1.6) and on that machine the lon variables
   show up correctly... check his screen grab,
   http://www.gri.msstate.edu/rsearch_data/nopp/lon_rich.png

Looks like the attribute 'grid_spacing' in step 1 above is not set properly.
It says '0.0 degrees_east', while it should be '0.25 degrees_east'.

The file we are trying to read is at

ftp://polar.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/history/waves/wna.dp.200409.grb

The netcdf file for above grib file (converted using NCL) is at

http://omglnx4.meas.ncsu.edu/joseph/skb_help/wna.dp.200409.nc

Any comments,

thanks,

Sachin